Friday, October 5, 2012

Introducing... Rebekah Leona Barber!

Yesterday we were blessed to spend some time in Birmingham with my sister Stephanie and brother-in-law Nate. We are also quite blessed to say that we got to go to a lovely ultrasound center to see our little nugget. The place was fantastic! We walked into a small waiting room, filled out one patient form, then the show began. The business is called 4dmommies, located in Mountain brook area of Birmingham.
This is the front of the office building in which the place is located. This is the best picture I could get from the website. 


The room where we had the ultrasound was like being at home. Complete with a bed (way comfier than anything I've ever been on in a doctor's office), chairs and a couch for family and friends to lounge on, and a TV that can be called nothing short of Sunday-night-football worthy (but for viewing baby instead. I'm sure a disappointment to some dads.) :P The owner of the business was so friendly and informal. Her baby girl was even asleep in the room when we got there. Adorable. 

The ultrasound was very thorough, even going overtime to attempt to insure that the gender determination was accurate. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great 3d ultrasound experience. See their prices and information at her website here. 


So anyway, back to why I am sure you all are here. The baby. :) We got a cd full of over a hundred pictures from the ultrasound, as well as a dvd of the whole session. I am going to share a few of the best pictures we got. 

"If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:11-14

This is probably the best picture we got of her face. Why I love this one so much? That is my daddy's nose exactly, sitting on her face. If you don't believe me, a picture for proof:

See? Daddy's nose. All over this picture, actually. :)
That thing next to her face? That's a foot. She was snuggling her feet the whole time. :) I hope she stays that flexible. It'll come in handy for the little soccer player. 
This is actually a picture of some toe sucking :P If you can see what you're looking at, the face is profile, the cheek is sort of dimpled up, and the toes are in her mouth. So cute!
more toe sucking :P
A good picture of that delicious foot :)
In case you weren't sure what you were looking at :P look at those toes!!!
And now... FOR THE BIG SURPRISE!

IT'S A GIRL! It's okay if you don't see. Trust me. It's a girl. She was actually quite stubborn about letting us see. She had both legs and an arm in the way. I sure hope she stays that modest.


And that's our little nugget. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment