Monday, May 13, 2013

My new journey, my new self.

"I pray for the patience of job and the wisdom of solomon. And what does God give me?"
"A daughter. Isn't His sense of humor funny that way?"  :)

I drafted this months ago and just rediscovered it. LOL. I think it was a conversation between my husband and I while I was pregnant. But while I have you here, I guess I would like to say a few words in honor of mother's day. 

I once saw a poll in Parent's magazine about whether or not a woman should use a picture of just her kid(s) as he picture on a social network. Many women said that that entailed losing one'sidentity or that they were more than just a mom. Boo, I say. There was one mother however who voiced my feeling better than I probably even understood them at the time.

She said that having her daughter had permanently changed her. That he daughter was an extension of her own identity. In the movie "A Time To Kill," Matthew Mconahey's (sp?) character calls it "life beyond her own." I know exactly how this feels.

I have been preparing to return to ministry with a large portion of time. I haven't got a breast pump or arranged for babysitters, because I have always imagined doing ministry with her in tow. And she doesn't interfere. She feels like and extension of my arm. A natural part of me.

I love my daughter and the way she has changed me and my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence. Pastor preached about motherhood BEING ministry rather than being in the way of ministry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence. Pastor preached about motherhood BEING ministry rather than being in the way of ministry. :)

    ReplyDelete