Thursday, October 4, 2012

LITL: Reading, Talking, Crying, Eating... Together :)

Today is going to show a pretty short blog post, but that's ok. It's a busy day anyway, so I am sort of throwing this one together, then running up to shower. 

In case you're wondering why, I am going to an ultrasound at 11:30 with my husband,  my best friend, and my sister to find out the gender of our baby. 

EXCITED MUCH? :)

Not that I am throwing together some messy ideas or throwing a passage in that I picked at random. I just chose a shorter passage, instead the two chapters or four gospels I wrote about recently. 

I want to just focus on the early church as a whole today. Sometimes, when we get caught up in our lives as they have become, going back to our beginnings is the healthiest way to refresh. 


From Acts 2:42-47:
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved."

Many times in my life, I get a little distracted when I don't have a clear goal towards which I am working. Having an example to follow or a list to look at (yes. I'm a visual learner) help drive me to my end result. 

What clearer goal can we have than this breif but dense passage about the actions of the early church? As Christians, how can we say that we don't know what to strive for. 

An encouragement to me is to look around at my life and know that I am living in the Spirit, doing what I can to always show the love and mercy of Christ in everything I do. When my friends and I get together, we gather in His name, gladly, with generous hearts. I hope that no one around me can say that, when they are in need, they have no where to go.  

I praise God that there are people that I can gather together with other believers to interact with the Word of God, to fellowship, to lift each other up, even to eat together. :) (mmm... San Marcos.) I also praise him that my family is constantly growing. Hahaha. literally and figuratively. 

Where can you go to fellowship as the early church did? How are you lifting up those around you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment