Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Savy Shopping: Salad Spree

Ok, even I was overwhelmed by that alliteration. I apologize.

But I am pretty stoked by the winnings of my shopping today. It was a very small trip, and really I only went today because both of the sales in which I wished to take part ended today.

Yay for Publix and Winndixie, whose sales rotate on Wednesday. Not sure what's up with that. But it keeps me alert to shopping in the middle of the week.

Lucky for me, I am into a new phase in my pregnancy that has opened up the possibilities of what I can eat. This means Bekah isn't being as picky as she was in the beginning. Thus, SALADS! Which I love. Strangely. It used to be that I would rather endure torture than eat "rabbit food." But I guess circumstances (athletics) can change a girl. So this week I stoked up on delicious salad dressing and a couple of lovely salad kits.



Shopping recap:

Publix Transaction #1
Buy 4 Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressings, $3.67
Buy One Get One Free
USE 4 $1 off 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing (from newspaper insert)
     final price: $4.07
     Total Savings: $11.32

Winn Dixie Transaction #1
Buy 2 Dole Salad Kits
Buy One Get One Free
USE 2 $1.25 off 1 Salad Kit (printed from coupons.com)
     final price: $1.89
     total saved: $6.49

TOTALS
Paid: $5.96
Saved: $17.81

THAT'S 75% SAVINGS! Woohoo!

For tips on couponing, just ask me, or visit the place where I learned it all:

No comments:

Post a Comment