Friday, October 12, 2012

Savy Shopping: First Buggy-Full in Quite a While

This was my first big trip in a long while. I actually (shame on me) let my coupon book die for a while. I probably went over a month without buying any papers, using any coupons, keeping track of any sales. Yikes. And my family probably paid for it, literally.

But, as you have seen, I have recently revived it and gone on a few minor stock up trips like the Salad Spree.  It has been so rewarding. The part where they start ringing up my coupons and the total starts diving? LOVE IT. So when I finally got a chance to do a big scale trip, I was floating afterwards.

This trip had so many items, I am actually not entirely sure how to approach listing it. But we'll see how this goes. All the couponing was done in one transaction, although I did a second transaction for WIC items. Those are not included in the totals or the list I'm about to give you. So, here goes.

Yeah, this picture kind of sucks. But it is much harder to get a good shot of this many items. 

I went to Winn Dixie on Coliseum Blvd, by the way. In case I left that out, so far.
All coupons acquired from Newspaper inserts, unless otherwise stated.

SALE ITEMS
San Carlos canned Black Beans, on sale 10/$10
     bought 4 cans, $4.00
Roma Tomatoes, on sale $1.79/lb
     bought 1.73 lb, $4.00
     saved $0.87
New York Texas Toast Croutons, Buy one Get one Free
     $1.99, saved $1.99
Lays Classic Potato Chips, Buy One Get one Free
     USED 2 coupons, $1 off 1
     $2.29, saved $6.29

CLEARANCE ITEMS
Oral B 3D White Toothbrush
     Markdown 75%
     USED 4 coupons, $0.50 off 1 (coupons doubled)
     bought 4, $2.76, saved $18.36
Covergirl Outlast Lipstain
     Markdown 50%
     USED coupon, $2.50 off one covergirl lip
     $2.49, saved $7.50

WHAT A DEAL PROMOTIONS
These are special sales that Winn Dixie has, that require you to purchase 2-4 item usually, and receive various items for free. The free items do not mark off until the end of the transaction, which allows you to use coupons on the items that you get for free. This brings your total down even more.

BUY 3 boxes of select Kelloggs Cereals
     bought 2 17.2 oz boxes of Corn Pops
     USED 2 $0.50 off 1 coupons (doubled) - coupon from Kelloggs.com 
     bought 1 18 oz box of Frosted Flakes
     USED $0.50 off 1 coupon (doubled) - coupon from Kelloggs.com 
GET 1 gallon Winn Dixie milk
        1 dozen Winn Dixie Eggs
        1 box of Kelloggs Nutrigrain Bars
        1 bottle of Smuckers Grape Jelly
Paid $11.97, saved $16.16

BUY Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, 2/$11.98
     USED Buy One Get One free Pantene Coupon, worth up to $6.99
GET 1 4 pk Ivory Bar soap
        1 Secret Deoderant
        1 bag TopCare Extra Large Cotton Balls
        1 Crest Toothpaste
        USED $0.50 off 1 coupon (doubled)
Paid $5.99, saved $17.35

ADDITIONAL SAVINGS
Lindt Truffles 5.1 oz bag, $4.39
     USED 1 Free item coupon, up to 6 oz bag -
     limited time facebook coupon, article posted by The Krazy Coupon Lady  

REGULAR PRICE ITEMS
Yep. Necessary, at times. *sigh*
 4 cans of Clear Value cut green beans, $2.72
Well, that wasn't THAT painful. 

FINAL TOTAL: $35.79
TOTAL SAVED: $77.30

My buggy, jam packed with all those groceries. And my poor purse underneath it all :P


THAT'S 68% SAVINGS.

Phew. I hope all of that makes sense. If there is a better and more eay to read way to do that next time, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment