Monday, June 3, 2013

Believe it or not, it's true. I. cut. my. hair.

Proof that it takes about ten years for me to recover from a traumatic experience.Let me take you down memory lane. 

2001 I am seven years old. My sister is graduating from high school. The whole family is gathered at some restaurant for breakfast. I'm devouring eggs and toast and hashbrowns, etc. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. Not much later, my stomach is not happy and I run to the bathroom. Yep. Threw it all up. 

2011. My then boyfriend (now husband) and I frequent waffle house quite a lot. After months of coaxing, he finally convinces me to try the hashbrowns.  Now, they're one of my favorites once again.

circa 2000. After a couple of battles with head lice, my mom takes my beautiful long red hair and chops it to my shoulders. Over the next couple of years it got shorter and shorter.




long braids in kindergarten

5th grade school picture. It hurts me to look at this.
and June 1, 2013 After years of insanely long hair, I get my first real hair cut. Not a trim. I donated 10 inches to Locks of Love and then allowed a couple more inches for styling purposes.
A couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I had no idea it looked like this. Where is my torso?
This is mostly a silly post. But honestly. What "traumatic experiences are you healing from? Not hashbrowns or hair cuts. But real issues

Recently I had my trust betrayed by someone very close to me. While I have forgiven this person, I am still working on displaying that forgiveness in my words and actions because it will take time for mercy to uproot hurt and take its place in my heart. It will not take ten years. :P But it will take time. And only God can make it happen. 

"Make sure that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no root of bitterness springs up, causing trouble and by it, defiling many." Hebrew 12:15

"And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you[a] in Christ." Ephesians 4:32

No comments:

Post a Comment