Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ministry Update: Follow the Leader

"As they were traveling on the road someone said to Him, “I will follow You wherever You go!” Jesus told him, “Foxes have dens, and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.” Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” “Lord,” he said, “first let me go bury my father.” But He told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and spread the news of the kingdom of God.” Another also said, “I will follow You, Lord, but first let me go and say good-bye to those at my house.” But Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”" (Luke 9:57-62)

I have been very encouraged as the summer ministry has taken off with Christian Youth in Action. Although I am not directly involved this year, due to my call to partnership ministry at the present, I am still able to ... nudge, if you will. 

I saw a couple of our teens off to training in the last few days. I have also had the privelege of hearing a young girl, friend of a friend, who has been called to ministry recently. She is 12. That is just awesome, especially in the opinion of someone who was also called to ministry at a young age. Jesus does not fool us into thinking his ministry is easy. But those He calls, he also equips. He also rewards them in so many ways.

I have been rewarded lately with being able to spend time and speak with some people who are so instrumental in God's work here in Montgomery. between school teachers, committee members, supporters, and Good News Club teachers, the company I have had over the last week have been great. :)

I have had two meeting since my last update. Both went well, and resulted in some strong prayer partnerships. I am blessed to have God keeping me in these peoples' minds. I made a whole bunch of calls yesterday and so far have scheduled one more appointment. 

PLEASE PRAY for God to have his sovereighn hand ofver communication, that he will place people in the right place and attitude to receive my calls. 

Pray for the meeting Thursday afternoon, as well as a few tentative meetings that have not been nailed down yet. 

Pray for this young girl and her mother as I meet with them tonight. If CEF is where God is leading her, she is very interested in helping this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment