Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Double standards make me sad.

Its sad when I have to unfollow a feed of daily encouraging Scripture because the comments section is less than encouraging. People say Christians are hateful and ignorant? What about when other people hate us? Why is it okay to beligerently insist that my belief is stupid, unfounded, and horrible but if I just look at you funny, its an intolerant hate crime? Double standards make me sad. (Deep breath)
If it makes you sad, chin up, my friend. Share with me this encouraging Word: No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 I do not call you slaves anymore, because a slave doesn’t know what his master[b] is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own. However, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of it, the world hates you.
John 15

No comments:

Post a Comment