Thursday, May 30, 2013

LITL: Joyful noises... lots. of joyful. noises.

This is my sweet, wise little girl. At the time this was taken, she was telling me very important things that I could not understand. Partly because I don't speak baby and partly because she was speaking in a pitch I almost couldn't hear. 

Yes my baby girl has found her voice. And it's a big one. I guess that shouldn't surprise me. :P

But other than making me wish I had earplugs, her ... lovely... voice :P reminds me of something. It reminds me of how beautiful of a creation we are. Yes rotten with sin, but beautiful created. "Wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:14)

Bekah is discovering the way her lungs, windpipe, vocal cords, diaphragm, lips, and tongue work together to make range of noises that she can make. Although she is still working on understanding how to make or understand the noises we do, and she is years away from understanding the why of any of it. 

Then I wonder why myself. Why did God invest such time and ingenuity into such a flawed creature? Biology always blows my mind. Getting down to the tiny little details. the way God perfectly knit all of our piece together to function just the way they do. The way he created our bodies to make sounds and our minds to make language. Our bodies to find rhythm (some not as well as others :P) and our hearts to detect the music all around us. 

God is so good. :)

We are all familiar with the verse, "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation." (Psalm 95:1) I pray that I will find joy in my Savior every day. I pray that my daughter would know joy. 

I am also constantly begging God to bless me with his wisdom. I pray that my daughter also would find wisdom in the word of God. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." (Colossians 3:16)

So "sing to the Lord." (Psalm 96:1) Find joy in his wonders, one of those wonders being you. And seek wisdom in his word. Praise him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment