Saturday, May 25, 2013

Savy Shopping: I love Publix...

yes I do. I love Publix. How 'bout you?

It's nice to know that I still got it. Yes, after a four or five month hiatus, I finally caught up on my couponing. Lucky for me, the first weekend I did so, there were three inserts in the paper.

I made a few stops this week but by far, my most profitable ones were to publix and (shocker) walmart. Publix is almost always a good trip but walmart is sort of finnicky on the their coupon policies. But this week, the favor was on my side. :P

I got everything pictured here for little over... drum roll... the suspense is killing you... $4!

True story. Here is the break down:

Publix
 Bought 2 boxes of Kelloggs Corn Pops (my favorite!) @ $3.99
          Buy One Get One free
          also used 2 50c/1 coupons that both doubled
for a total of $1.00 each

Bought 1 package of Nuk Pacifiers (for my picky baby. :) 0-6mo size) @ $4.59
          used 1 $1.50/1 publix baby club coupon
          and 1 $2.00/1 coupon from nuk-usa.com
for a total of $1.09

Bought 1 schick hydro silk razor @ $8.99
          Used 1 publix baby club coupon for a free hydro silk razor
for a total of FREE

Bough 1 schick hydro silk shaving gel @ $2.00
for a total of FREE

Total before coupons: $25.92
Total Spent: $5.44

For 79% Savings!

And like I said, my purchase at walmart was pretty much the cherry on top of the sundae. But I don't like cherries, so more like the cookie crumbles on top of the frappuccino. :P

Walmart:
Bought 2 Boxes of Folgers Instant Coffee Crystal Packets @ $1.00
          Used $1.50/1 Folgers item
For a total of -$1.00

Which means I pretty much made money.
So the total spent for both trips was: $4.44
And the total saved was: $23.68

For a total 84% Savings! :)

To keep up with sales and coupon matchups I follow thekrazycouponlady.com
You should too. :)

Stay tuned. On Monday I will post and easy guide to couponing is you have 5, 20, or 120 minutes in a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment