Friday, May 10, 2013

LITL: An odd prayer

The other day, In my quiet time, I was reading Ephesians 3. One verse in particular stood out to me. 

"In Him we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. So then I ask you not to be discouraged over my afflictions on your behalf, for they are your glory." Ephesians 3:12-13

Paul is speaking to the church in Ephesus of the great power and blessings that God has for those who believe. Obviously we should be bold in revealing to others the mystery of the gospel, the birth, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the free gift that is salvation. 

So in response to this verse relating to being bold, what did I do? I prayed for meekness. I prayed for God to help me to be timid. For those of you who know me, this is a God-sized request. :P

But I am not saying I'm shutting up. God has areas in my life in which I needd to be bold to share, like Paul. But that is easy. What God is truly breaking me for is to be able to discern when to be bold, and when to step aside and let someone else speak. 

Be in prayer. This won't be easy for me. But I am already seeing the blessing God is bringing about through it. :)

Strangely, I think God will show something in order to teach us the exact opposite.



No comments:

Post a Comment